« Return to Blog

Is Your RV Fully Protected?


Your affection for grand road adventures in your RV is clear! Nevertheless, it’s important to ensure you’ve arranged the necessary safeguards before embarking on your journey in the motorhome or any other kind of RV.

You love epic road trips in your RV! But before you hit the road in your motorhome or other RV, you need to make sure you have the proper protections in place. The insurance experts at First Entertainment Credit Union share this important information about coverage for your RV.

Types of RV’s

RV insurance covers the following types of vehicles:

  • Travel trailers for nonmotorized RVs
  • Motorhomes including classes A, B and C
  • Pop-up campers that collapse and are towed behind your vehicle
  • Slide-on camper for RVs that slide onto the bed of a truck
  • Fifth-wheel trailer for travel trailers that mount onto the bed of a pickup truck

Liability Insurance is the Law

In most states, you are legally required to have liability insurance for your RV. Our policy includes:

  • Injuries and property damage you’re responsible for
  • Personal injury and medical payments if you get hurt in an accident
  • Adaptable limits and deductibles so you can tailor your coverage from the minimum requirements to complete protection

Other Types of Coverage That Are Important

There are several types of coverage that you should consider to protect yourself, including:

  • Collision coverage which helps pay to repair or replace your RV if it’s damaged or destroyed in an accident with another vehicle, regardless of who is at fault
  • Comprehensive coverage for theft, vandalism, fire, or weather-related incidents
  • Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage in case the other driver doesn’t have any insurance, or doesn’t have enough insurance
  • Customization coverage for after-market upgrades that change the performance or appearance of the vehicle
  • Insurance for parts and personal belongings

You may also want to consider:

  • Roadside assistance insurance to cover your expenses if you break down away from home, including towing, meals, and lodging
  • Vacation liability insurance to cover you if someone is injured at your campsite or vacation property
  • Total loss replacement to replace your RV or trailer with the same model or later if there’s a covered loss
  • International travel for trips that cross U.S. borders

Ways to Save

We are always looking for ways to save you money, including:

  • Full-time insurance to cover your motorhome if you live in it year-round similar to a homeowners policy.
  • Discounts for safe drivers, defensive driving classes, and anti-theft and safety devices
  • Discounts for multiple vehicles insured with us

Get a Free Insurance Quote from First Entertainment Credit Union Today!

Contact one of our agents before you hit the road for a free coverage check and quote. Our agents will find you the best rates for recreational vehicle insurance, as well as your other insurance needs, including homeowners and auto coverage.

  • Cynthia Padilla (Main Office/Hollywood) – 323.845.4489
  • Maria Valdez Okafor (Burbank Branch) – 323.845.4494
  • Monique Garcia (Culver City Branch) – 888.800.3328 ext. 5146

You can schedule an appointment, get an insurance checkup over the phone, or stop by to see our agents personally in either our Main Office on Forest Lawn Drive, our Culver City Branch on Washington Blvd. or our Burbank Branch on Olive Avenue.


Insurance services offered through Media Benefits Insurance Services CA Lic#0H99393, a DBA for Media Benefits Corp., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of First Entertainment Credit Union.