While journeying through life, you will inevitably reach numerous significant milestones. Moving away from home, completing your college education, entering marriage, becoming a parent, and eventually retiring constitute some of these major achievements.
As you travel through life, you will undoubtedly hit several milestones. Leaving home, graduating college, getting married, having children, and retiring are some of the big ones. Many of life’s milestones come with a hefty price tag, so it is important that your financial plan sets you on a path for success to reach your goals.
Focus on these ten tasks to ensure you’re doing all you can to invest in your future:
- Invest in yourself. Learn new skills and focus on long-term career goals.
- Supercharge investments. Take advantage of the time you have to invest and max out 401(k) employer match.
- Increase automatic contributions. Increase your 401(k) contributions by 1% every year.
- Network. Actively keep in touch with friends, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Pay off debt. Pay it off now so you won’t bring debt into retirement.
- Focus on healthcare. Learn about insurance plans, deductibles, and HSAs, and stay healthy!
- Invest in your kids. Teach kids the value of a dollar, how to save, and the importance of budgeting.
- Talk to your parents. Find out where they stand financially for retirement, healthcare expenses, etc.
- Create a will. Be prepared, so your family is taken care of in the event of an unexpected death.
- Create an emergency fund. Have enough cash set aside for any unexpected expenses.
Let First Entertainment Credit Union Help With Your Milestones
We’re here to help as you move toward each new milestone. Give us a call and together, we can evaluate your investments and map out a path to keep you on track.
To determine which investment(s) may be appropriate for you, consult your financial advisor prior to investing. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Securities offered through Securities America. Member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products offered through Securities America or its licensed affiliates. Not NCUA Insured. No Credit Union Guarantee. May Lose Value. First Entertainment Credit Union and First Entertainment Investment Services are not registered brokers/dealers and are not affiliated with Securities America. Securities America Advisors do not offer tax advice. Please consult a tax professional.