A set-it-and-forget-it insurance model could cost you big. As your life changes, so do your liability risks and exposure.
Overall Auto Policy Review
The insurance experts at First Entertainment Credit Union have prepared this checklist to understand some of your risks. Our goal is to keep you on the road to liability protection!
Any of these factors could indicate the need for policy changes.
- Have you transferred the title on any of the vehicles listed on your auto policy? You’ll want to remove the vehicle from your insurance.
- Did you pay off your vehicle? Consider downgrading your coverage to match the vehicle’s value, saving you money.
- Are you comfortable with your current deductible? You could increase or decrease it based on your budget.
- Where do you park your vehicle? Safety matters.
You May Be Missing Out On Discounts
These factors may qualify for discounts on your auto policy:
- Do you have an alarm system or GPS?
- Do you have any driver assistance technologies on board?
- Do you use an onboard driver camera that could help with claim disputes?
- Do you have multiple vehicles to cover?
- Has your young driver completed a driver’s safety course and maintained a B average in school which will make them eligible for good student driver discounts?
- Do you own or rent your home? You could qualify for discount bundling.
Check For Liabilities and Limits
Life changes and new toys could increase your liability exposure, so you may want to make policy adjustments.
- Do you own an electric scooter, moped, or motorcycle?
- Do you own an ATV or golf cart?
- How many drivers are in your home, and are they listed on your auto insurance as named insureds?
- Do you have students getting their driver’s permit or license within the next year?
- Have any of the drivers in your household changed jobs in the past 12 months, and are they driving more or fewer miles?
- Do you have any household members you’d like to add to your policy as covered drivers?
- Do you use your vehicle for ridesharing?
- Do you drive your car for business purposes or transport your business goods in your vehicle?
- Have you added customizations to your vehicle, such as rims, spoilers, and engine upgrades? Do you use a trailer, hitch, or bike rack for transporting belongings like an ATV, bike, or boat?
- Do you own a motor home or recreational vehicle?
Important Protection Solutions
You should consider some additional factors for your protection.
- Rental or replacement car coverage if your car becomes temporarily undrivable due to a covered incident.
- Roadside or towing assistance in case of a breakdown.
- Glass replacement coverage for when damage occurs due to something other than a collision.
- Key replacement coverage to replace expensive high-tech keys.
- Loan or lease gap coverage to cover the financial gap if your vehicle is totaled and you owe more than the blue book value.
- Medical payments to pay for medical bills for you and your passengers, regardless of who’s at fault.
Let First Entertainment’s Insurance Experts Help You Today!
Let’s get your auto insurance renewal on the road by conducting a free insurance review. And remember to bring this checklist with you so we can get you the most protection at the best cost. You can schedule an appointment by contacting one of our agents directly, or you can schedule an appointment online.
Contact one of our agents:
- Cynthia Padilla (Main Office/Hollywood) – (323) 845-4489
- Maria Valdez Okafor (Burbank Branch) – (323) 845-4494
Insurance services offered through Media Benefits Insurance Services CA Lic#0H99393, a DBA for Media Benefits Corp., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of First Entertainment Credit Union.