Important Announcement for Our Members Regarding Email Safety
First Entertainment Credit Union wants to help you protect your privacy and increase your personal Internet security. When reading your Email, know that links in an Email can easily redirect you to a fraudulent web site (known as a “spoof” site), even if those links look familiar. This fraudulent process is called “phishing.” To stay safe, and avoid phishing scams, follow these simple Email rules:
- Be suspicious of Emails requesting your account or login information.
- BE VERY CAREFUL if you click on a link in an Email. Even if the Email was sent by a trusted source – like First Entertainment. If you do click on a link, pay attention to the web address when the browser launches and NEVER give out personal information on a web page if you are not comfortable.
- Pay attention to all Emails from First Entertainment – or other online companies – that tell you about Email and address changes, or any other activity on your accounts.
- Log in regularly to your online accounts and notice the last login date.
- Check your account and credit card statements to make sure that you recognize all of the transactions. If you think that anything looks suspicious, please call First Entertainment at 1-888-800-3328.
- Make sure that you update your browser and operating system with the latest version and install any security patches that come with it.
- Make sure you have up-to-date anti-virus and anti-Spyware software and run a scan of your computer at least once-a-month.
- Install a firewall, or update your current firewall, and make sure that it’s activated.
- Be aware that spoof web sites can be difficult to detect. Graphics, text, etc. are easy to fake. As a general rule of thumb, it is safer to type in a web address then to click on a link. To make sure you are on the right web site, you can always type www.firstent.org in your browser and proceed from there.
It is important that you keep your Email address up-to-date with First Entertainment. Should you ever suspect that your account information has been compromised, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-888-800-3328.