eAlerts, our electronic notification system, allows you to stay informed about specific activities on your account all without taking the time to call the credit union or log-on to CU.online.
Cyberfraud is one of the fastest growing crimes in the world, and a quick response when something looks "odd" with your account, can save you a lot of money … and headaches. By setting up eAlerts, you can help secure your account. Whether its knowing when your CU.online account was last accessed, or whether unintended transfers or ATM transactions have taken place – by monitoring your account, you'll be able to stop cyber-hackers in their tracks. These notifications can be especially convenient for members who receive their information through wireless devices (like PDAs, Mobile Phones, etc).
It's super fast and easy. First establish your default settings. Then, begin creating your individual alerts. Once they're set up, you’ll be able to receive automatic notifications by email or text:
- When a specific check has cleared or when an automatic withdrawal is processed.
- When an electronic transaction-like a deposit, or Debit Card/ATM withdrawal-posts to your account.
- When your savings or loan balance reaches a certain dollar amount.
- When a loan payment is due, made or even past due.
- When your CU.online account is accessed.
- And the list of alert types goes on and on – YOU decide what alerts you'll get.
And if that wasn't all, now there's no limit to the number of eAlerts you can set-up. You can sign up for multiple types of alerts, as well as multiple times for each alert type.
Sign-up for eAlerts Today!
1. Log-onto CU.online.
2. Click the “eAlerts” tab at the top of the “Accounts Summary” page.
3. Select any of the standard alerts from the list or click the “Add Alert” link to create a new custom alert.
It’s the easiest way of monitoring your account in order to keep it secure! Call us at 888-800-3328 if you need any help setting up your new eAlerts.